Job Role: Warehouse Operative aka Picker Packer
Are you ready to start a promising career as a Warehouse Operative in a brand new warehouse environment for a multinational company?
We are looking for individuals to participate in our warehouse operations and activities. The primary responsibilities include storing materials, picking, packing and scanning orders. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
£11 – £12.70 per hour
Various shifts, days, afternoons and nights
Day shift 06.00-14.00
Afternoon shift 14.00-22.00
Night shift 22.00-06.00
Every 6 weeks, you will be required to work on weekends, and additional days off will be given.
Temporary to Permanent after 12 weeks for the suitable candidates.
Great opportunity for efficient and organised individuals who thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere.
Hardworking individuals who can work to efficient process methods and adapt to various roles are the key to making the supply chain run smoothly.
You will be joining a large community of dedicated, hardworking and energised individuals who pride themselves on their commitment and work ethic.
Own transport is required due to the location and shifts patterns, as the availability of public transport is limited.
- Competitive salary
- Weekly Pay
- Free coffee, tea and soup onsite
- Overtime available
Warehouse Operative duties
A warehouse operative role provides a varied workday that includes:
- Picking products from shelves and placing them on the conveyor belt
- Ensuring that all goods that are loaded or unloaded match the relevant paperwork
- Taking responsibility for a company’s freight and assets by reporting any suspicious activity at work
- Storing and rotating stock according to established procedures
- Reporting any damaged or missing goods to Warehouse Managers or Supervisors
- Keeping the warehouse environment clean and tidy and maintaining equipment
- Following workplace health and safety rules when handling goods.
- Ensuring efficient operations by adhering to operational procedures, practices and schedules
- Assisting with warehouse inventory controls, which typically involves using a hand-held scanner
- Treating merchandise with care and concern at all times
As a warehouse operative, you will be working both alone and as part of a team with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and strive to maintain the business performance targets.
Picking and packing products can involve substantial manual handling, including bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and lifting. Having a good range of mobility is essential to ensure you can work safely within health and safety regulations without placing undue strain on your body.
Skills needed as a Warehouse Operative
- Physical strength, fitness and agility, as they often have to lift heavy packages
- Excellent team-working skills to effectively collaborate with other members of a warehouse team.
- Computer literacy, including knowing how to use scanners and relevant software programs, such as warehouse management systems
- Excellent organisational and record-keeping skills to coordinate large volumes of goods.
- Honesty and trustworthiness.
- The ability to work effectively under limited supervision
You must be over 18 years old to apply for this position.
Please apply by sending your CV.