Company in Birmingham
Starts 23 Feb
What you'll earn
10.90 GBP hourly
About the job
We are recruiting for Cemetery Operatives roles in the Birmingham area. You will be required to work at any cemetery across the city although they do try to keep you as local as possible. The ideal candidate will be working in partnership with one of our reputable clients; the position is based on 35 hours per week working on a 5 day per week basis. There will be an expectation to work 1 in 4 weekends on a rota basis taking 2 days off during the week. Suitable candidate must be flexible to work any hours between 7am and 7pm at any location depending on service requirements. Immediate starts available. As a Cemetery Operative you will need to have: - Full UK driving licence - CSCS card desirable but not essential Details: - Salary: £10.90 per hour rising to £13.20 after 12 weeks completion. - Working Hours : Availability between 7 am and 7 pm – although standard shifts are 8.30 – 4.30pm. - Location: Birmingham - Duration: Ongoing Benefits of working with us as a Cemetery Operaative: - 37 Holidays per year - Weekly Pay - Pension Scheme - Personal Accident Insurance - Mortgage references - My Extra Rewards - An online portal offering vouchers and discounts
What you’ll be doing
- To excavate, back fill and prepare graves for interment and perform other associated duties to include provision of artificial grass mats, lower ropes and stretchers
- To oversee interments and conducts the scattering and interment of cremated remains, and to provide a full range of crematorium attendant duties as required.
- Driving and operation of the following vehicles- Van / Car, Tractor, mini Tractor and Trailer, Dumper, Excavator and leaf sweeper - experience is advantageous but not essential as full training will be given is willing to learn.
- Carry out general grounds maintenance operations.
- Open and close the cemetery gates and toilets at the specified time, having checked all members of the public have left.
- To assist service users and visitors to cemeteries as necessary, being sensitive to the needs of the people that are bereaved or distressed.